Friday 20 June 2014

The Van

Well it's almost time for Bob and I to be heading off on our three and a half month driving holiday and we are busily getting the van ready. This week has been quite a busy one as he is still working on the Summer house we will be staying in when we return and I have been trying to wade through the British red tape to organise accounts and work and National numbers.

Bob purchased a Campervan just before I arrived from Aberdeen Scotland, and we are making a couple adjustments to it so that it's ready to roll next week. The main thing we are doing is changing oil and batteries and adding a few finishing touches to make organising and storage that little bit easier. We still haven't managed to find a bike for me but I'm sure we will pick one up on the road quite easily.

So I've posted just a few photos of the van - yet to be named although I'm toying "Sam the van" and "Wally the wonky van". I still haven't gotten around to posting about Norwich, at some point I'm sure to get around to it although I'm sure Glastonbury will pip it to be the next post :-)

Definitely a boy van although the name alludes me yet..

Bob's handy work changing the battery. The front chairs also rotate right around too.

Kitchen is awesome for a van, it has an oven a full grill and four burner stove. The fridge apparently has three options, battery, mains and gas and there water for the sink is electric with a back up manual pump.

This is the bathroom slash wet room. Just around the corner is a toilet and I also have a portable shower. Domestic bliss really.

There is heaps of storage so Bob has no reason to worry about how much clothing I bring or the fact that I want to bring more than one pair of shoes ;-) Theres even more storage under all the seats which are yet to be filled.




No comments:

Post a Comment