Wednesday 11 June 2014

June 11th, 2014

Well it's been almost a week since I arrived and I have been busy on adventure in England. Bob picked me up in 'lovely' Thetford and after trying to order lunch from a lady that couldn't understand an order for a mint tea we drove back to the little country farm his parents own.

I still have to take some photos of where I'll be living but here is a little snippet of my week past.



First off was Symmetry festival the day after I arrived. Symmetry is the brain child of Chez and Louise, a couple of mates of Bob's and is becoming a firm annual fixture on the Norfolk festival scene. This is the third year its run and looks to keep going in the future.

There was quite a number of different stages scattered around someones country estate. This is their 'house'. Hard to believe someone would actually live in it.



A few more photos of the festival for you :-) The first two were the Trance /Psytrance stage and was really popular throughout the festival. It also had the best sound system and decor going, particularly as it got dark.



These flowers were amazing fun. They kept inflating throughout the day and kids ran up and dove into them as soon as they were full. After watching some kids do it for about twenty minutes Bob and I felt it was too good to give a miss, and went and joined them.








The last thing I've done this week past, was to pop down to Cambridge for a day trip. Quite a beautiful place. We only spent the afternoon there but here's a few highlights.


Kings College


Eagle Pub - opened in the 14th century and one of the oldest in Cambridge


The RAF bar inside the Eagle Pub - where Australian soldiers signed their names during WW2




Punting on the Canals

Anyway thanks for reading, I'll be on again in a couple of days with some photos of where I'm living as this place is amazing in itself being a 500 year old house, but i'll save that for the next blog :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment